Thursday, April 16, 2009

Blech!......in suspension.

Fungus out of our yard. Blech! My husband thinks these Morel mushrooms are da bomb! They've been sitting in the frig and for some reason the water froze. These sell for $25 a pound in the store! My husband thinks we have been blessed to have them right in our yard lol.

I still say....blech! I mean really....look at them!

Thrift store finds today. This silk tie is really unique, I think. 50 cents, couldn't pass it up. Now I just need to know if I take it apart or put it in a CQ just the way it is. I found a couple of bracelets that I might be able to use on the next block I'll be getting. Those flower earrings look like Mother of Pearl and a neat little kit for beginners Pulled Thread! Wish me luck on that one! lol

It was a beautiful day and the sun was shining and I had a very nice time with my mom at a mother - daughter dinner at her church.

Life is good...

2 comments:

  1. Amy, I would take the tie apart. Although there's no reason why you can't use it as a whole OR do both. Use the tip as is and take the rest apart. Most of the silk ties I find are hand sewn and real easy to unstitch. Looking forward to seeing that project! Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would take that tie apart and iron it. You will get so much more use from it that way. And, the other side of the fabric will look totally different, giving you 2 pieces of coordinating fabric for the price of 1, LOL. I would love to have those morels for DH. He used to hunt for them all the time when we lived up in the UP of MI. I think they are delish if sauteed in olive oil with a touch of butter, a dash of garlic salt and a zip of Worcestershire. Yummy! I love the MOP and the Pulled Thread kit looks like fun! Can't wait to see it in your hands and being done. Shari

    ReplyDelete