Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Signs of Spring...

The daffodils are starting to come up! Yeah spring is near! Even though, it's supposed to be in the 30's to 40's this coming weekend. That is ok, I can look out my window and see these and know that warmer times are around the corner.
My lilac bush with good size blooms on it already! It's a young 'un so I hope I get good blooms on it this year. My Grandparents had huge lilac bushes in their back yard. I loved spring in their back yard. It was so fragrant! I spent a week with them every year for spring break. I usually flew there or back and my mom would drive the other way. One year I had to fly both ways so since my mom was going to miss all the spring flowers, my grandmother was thoughtful enough to send a HUGE bouquet of lilac branches home with me on the airplane. No one would sit next to me with this overpowering vase of lilac blooms! I was hurt. I was young. It's funny now. lol
This is my snow ball bush. My grandparents had one of these also in their back yard. I have always said I wanted a back yard like my grandparents. My husband is making sure I have that. The man is awesome.

Buds and leaves....the light at the end of the tunnel! I'll post pictures when they all start to bloom! Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment